A SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
The sculptured modeling made by the flowing lines offers generous volumes and increases the stiffness. On board the 46, design and function are one.
CENTRED RIGGING: SIMPLY GREAT!
As on all of our new-generation catamarans, the 46’s centred rigging comes directly from VPLP design’s research and its more than 30 years’ experience at the peak of multihull ocean racing.
- Bringing the mast further aft reduces the length of the boom, increases the mainsail aspect ratio and thus its efficiency.
- The foretriangle incorporates a jib for sailing to windward as well as several downwind sails.
- Centring the masses limits pitching and eases the boat’s motion.
- The reduced size of the boom facilitates handling.
- The large jib sail is self-tacking, so there is no need to touch anything when taking!
A 12 B 14, C 20, D30
14,5 m / 47'7"
7,96 m / 26'1"
2 x 300 l / 2 x 79 US gal
2 x 520 l / 2 x 137 US gal
1.35 m / 4'5"
16.320kg / 35.994 lbs
YANMAR 4JH45 2x45HP